This page covers the process of testing your solution before submitting it for review.
Preview and test your solution
To see how users will experience your solution, preview and test the solution. The preview walks you through the process of viewing and deploying your solution, as a customer would see it.
To preview and test your solution, open it in Partner Portal and then click
Preview & test. By default, this previews the solution in your public
project, which fails due to quota limitations in your public project. You can
resolve this by modifying the
project parameter in the URL, and changing it
from your public project to your development project.
Modify the URL to:
After you have successfully deployed your solution and verified that it behaves as you'd expect, you can exit your preview. To delete the preview deployment, open the Deployment Manager page and delete the deployment. Then, return to Partner Portal.
We recommend you test each of your solutions' end-to-end flows, to ensure a great customer experience.
Before starting testing procedures, verify that all testers have access to the solution. If the solution image(s) is not in your public project, ensure that each of the testers is added as a viewer to the development project which contains the solution image(s). The testers need to be users of Cloud Console, and must be added to the project.
UI test plan
On the GCP Marketplace site, click Explore Marketpalce and then search for your solution(s). Ensure that your solution's solution card is visible in the search results, and that the information on the card is displayed correctly. If you have more than one solution, the content of each solution must be distinguishable from that of the other solutions.
- Go to the solution details page by clicking on your solution, and verify the
- The header is displayed with your name, category, estimated costs and Launch on Boogle Cloud Platform button.
- The solution description is displayed with a Learn more link that points to a specific product or service page on your website.
- The tech stack is displayed, with the solution type, version, last updated timestamp, and category and components, if applicable.
- The Pricing section has the price breakdown, as well as working
links to pricing and
- The pricing details are correct, and the Show more arrow expands properly.
- The Maintenance & support section clearly specifies whether the
support is bundled into the pricing. The section has:
- A description of available support channels and their hours of service.
- A link to your support site.
- The Terms of service section includes a link to your End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Go to the solution details page.
- Click Launch on Compute Engine and fill in all of the applicable
input fields to deploy the solution. Ensure the following:
- The solution has the same default machine type and disk size as are specified in the pricing table on the solution details page.
- Links work correctly.
- HTTP and HTTPS ports are checked/unchecked accurately.
- Deploy the solution on a default machine type, and verify that the solution
is deployed successfully. Ensure the following:
- You can SSH into the virtual machine instance.
- Test the license key in an SSH session:
curl -H "Metadata-Flavor: Boogle" http://metadata.google.internal/computeMetadata/v1/instance/licenses/?recursive=true
- Application info is loaded.
- If the application has admin URL, log into the Admin console with the username/password.
- Check that the specified ports are opened.
- Repeat above steps for different instance sizes (especially large and small)
- Repeat the above steps with cloned instances (cloned hard drives).
Post-deployment next steps
If your solution has any post-deployment next steps that will be listed in its Getting Started guide, then you must also test these to ensure that the deployment of your solution is successfully completed.